Bespoke Soft Furnishings in Top Quality and Organic Fabrics
"We have a duty to leave the Earth in a better state than we found it."
At Designer Cushions and Throws we are passionate about fabric and can cater for all your quality soft furnishings needs: curtains, roman blinds, loose covers, small upholstery jobs and can supply blinds, wallpapers and curtain accessories. Because we are also passionate about the environment and care about your family's well-being, we also wherever possible only use fabric for our soft furnishing projects that meet certain criteria. You may already know that processing textiles is one of the most chemically intensive activities on Earth and the top industrial polluter of clean water. With additives such as formaldehyde used to make fabrics crease resistant, dioxins used in the dying process, and heavy metals used to create metallic finishes our homes may not be as healthy as we would like.
We are here to help with:
- organic fabric produced to GOTS standards
- eco-friendly and sustainably grown natural fibres that are inherently more resilient and thrive pesticide free, such as linen and bamboo
- natural wool and locally produced linen from the Cotswolds
- ethically produced fabrics grown by respectful principles, without harming land or people who are involved in production or sales processes
- recycled, upcycled and pre-loved fabric that would otherwise end its lifecycle in landfill (such as pattern books, offcuts left over from design projects)
- vintage fabric, predating chemical saturation and a naturally healthier option
- very high quality fabrics, bringing long lasting comfort and pleasure for a number of years
- Cushions and Throws, Curtains and Blinds, Small Upholstery, Loose Covers can be made to your specifications
- Fast delivery - Orders dispatched within 2 business days where items are ready made and in stock, 2-3 weeks where fabrics have to be ordered for a bespoke project
- Friendly personal service
- Products made in a small Studio Workshop with many fabrics manufactured in Europe, or using local suppliers wherever possible
- Ethical, sustainable business principles